Renewables - alternative heating and hot water systems for your home and business
In the fast-changing world of renewable heating and hot water systems we are pleased to offer a range of alternative technoligies to help you save energy and reduce your carbon footprint. We can help you find the most cost effective alternatives to a gas or oil boiler and to take advantage of the current governement incentives.
Book a Boiler Service
Book a Boiler Service slot to suit your schedule
You will receive a booking confirmation call or email
If you would rather speak to a representative or have a question please call the number below
Biomass Boilers • Air Source Heat Pumps • Hybrid Systems • Solar Thermal
Biomass boilers are a great alternative compared to regular fuels. They provide heating and hot water by burning logs, pellets and chips that are provided from a hopper. Housed outside of the home, these units are designed to heat your home efficiently and cost effectively.
We are approved installers of Froling Biomass Boilers
Froling’s extensive range of boilers from 7kW to 1500kW focus on efficiency, reliability and value for money. Whether you want to be hands on or need full automation, Froling’s extremely fuel efficient boilers have proven their reliability and effectiveness as a result of decades of research and development.
Benefits of Biomass Boilers
1. Renewable Energy Source: Biomass pellets are made from organic materials such as wood chips, sawdust, or agricultural residues. By using biomass pellets as fuel, biomass pellet-burning boilers utilise a renewable energy source that helps reduce reliance on fossil fuels and contributes to a more sustainable energy system.
2. Carbon Neutrality: Biomass pellets are considered carbon-neutral because the carbon dioxide released during their combustion is roughly equivalent to the carbon dioxide absorbed by the plants during their growth. This makes biomass pellet-burning boilers an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional fossil fuel-based boilers, as they have a lower carbon footprint.
3. Cost Savings: Biomass pellets are often less expensive compared to fossil fuels like oil or gas. By using biomass pellets, the operational costs of heating or producing hot water can be reduced, leading to potential cost savings over time. Additionally, biomass pellets can be sourced locally, supporting local economies and reducing dependence on global fuel markets.
4. Versatility: Biomass pellet-burning boilers can be used for various heating applications, including residential, commercial, and industrial settings. They can provide central heating, hot water, and even power generation in some cases. This versatility makes them suitable for a wide range of applications, allowing for efficient and sustainable heating solutions in different contexts.
Air Source Heat Pumps (ASHP)
Air source heat pumps are energy-efficient heating and cooling systems that utilise the outside air to provide comfortable indoor temperatures. They extract heat from the ambient air and transfer it indoors during winter, and reverse the process in summer for cooling. By leveraging renewable energy, they significantly reduce carbon emissions and reliance on fossil fuels. Air source heat pumps are easy to install and can be retrofitted into existing buildings, making them a viable option for both residential and commercial applications. They offer cost savings by reducing energy consumption and can provide hot water as well. Their versatility, eco-friendliness, and energy efficiency make air source heat pumps a sustainable choice for climate control.
Benefits of ASHPs
1. Energy Efficiency: Air source heat pumps are highly energy efficient, converting a small amount of electricity into a larger amount of usable heat or cooling. They can achieve high Coefficient of Performance (COP) values, meaning they produce more energy output compared to the electricity they consume.
2. Cost Savings: Due to their energy efficiency, air source heat pumps can significantly reduce heating and cooling costs. By using ambient air as a heat source, they require less energy than traditional heating and cooling systems, resulting in lower utility bills over time.
3. Environmental Friendliness: Air source heat pumps utilise renewable energy from the air, which reduces reliance on fossil fuels and lowers carbon emissions. By using a sustainable heat source, they help mitigate climate change and contribute to a greener, more sustainable future.
4. Versatility: Air source heat pumps can provide both heating and cooling functions, offering year-round climate control. Additionally, many models incorporate features such as zoning capabilities and the ability to provide hot water, enhancing their versatility and usefulness in different applications.
Hybids combine heating technologies providing the householder with a choice of fuels so that the customer can benefit from the best of both worlds. Hybrids can future proof against rising unknown energy costs by coupling the traditional with renewable energy. Stand alone units can be purchased with the additional energy product fitted at a later date. This option is available through Grant UK.
Benefits of Hybrid Systems
2. Increased Reliability: Hybrid heating systems provide enhanced reliability by utilising multiple heat sources. If one component or fuel source experiences a problem or runs out, the system can automatically switch to the backup source, ensuring continuous heating or hot water supply. This redundancy minimises the risk of complete system failure and provides peace of mind, particularly in colder climates.
3. Environmental Sustainability: By incorporating a renewable energy source, hybrid heating systems help reduce carbon emissions and environmental impact. The use of a heat pump or other renewable technology as part of the system decreases reliance on fossil fuels, contributing to a greener and more sustainable energy mix.
4. Versatility and Adaptability: Hybrid heating systems offer flexibility in choosing the most suitable heat source for different situations. They can adapt to changing energy prices, availability of fuel, or grid conditions. Additionally, hybrid systems can be retrofitted into existing buildings, allowing homeowners and businesses to upgrade their heating systems without completely replacing them, thus increasing overall system longevity and reducing waste.
Solar thermal domestic heating systems utilise solar energy to heat water for various domestic applications, such as space heating and hot water. These systems consist of solar collectors that absorb sunlight, converting it into heat, which is then transferred to a storage tank. There are different styles of plates, in roof, on roof or flat roof mounting depending on your roof construction and preference.
Solar thermal heating reduces reliance on traditional energy sources, lowers carbon emissions, and provides an environmentally friendly and cost-effective solution for meeting domestic heating needs.
Benefits of Solar Thermal
1. Renewable Energy Source: Solar thermal domestic energy collection systems harness the power of sunlight, a renewable energy source that is abundant and freely available. By using solar energy, these systems reduce reliance on non-renewable fossil fuels, promoting sustainability and reducing carbon emissions.
2. Cost Savings: Solar thermal systems can significantly reduce energy costs associated with heating water for domestic use. By utilising free solar energy, homeowners can save on their utility bills, especially during sunny periods. Over time, the cost savings can be substantial, making solar thermal systems a financially attractive option.
3. Environmentally Friendly: Solar thermal systems have a minimal environmental impact. They do not emit greenhouse gases or pollutants during operation, contributing to a cleaner and healthier environment. By choosing solar thermal for domestic energy collection, individuals can actively participate in reducing their carbon footprint and mitigating climate change.
4. Long-Term Investment: Solar thermal systems are durable and require minimal maintenance. Once installed, they can provide reliable and sustainable energy for many years, reducing the need for frequent replacements or repairs. Investing in solar thermal technology offers long-term benefits, ensuring energy independence and stability for homeowners while adding value to their properties.